The Mathews Family
Thursday, October 29
Friday, October 16
When we travel to Ethiopia to pick up baby J. Gladney requires that we bring $200 worth of humanitarian aid items for orphans in Addis Ababa. We would like to bring more! ALOT MORE!
Here is the list of the immediate needs of the orphanages and foster care facilities that we will be visiting in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia:
1. Infant clothing (new); Boys and Girls; sizes 0-12 months.
2. Huggies Snug and Dry Diapers, Extra Large Case – Size 1, 2, or 3; $37.99 each (no tax or shipping on http://www.1800diapers.com/. Use Referral Code: THCE5959 and get $2.00 off the order) Even though diapers are readily available in Addis, it is more expensive to purchase them there and they tend to leak.
3. Huggies Natural Care Wipes (Unscented); 576 count; $19.99 ***no tax or shipping on http://www.1800diapers.com/
4. Nestle Good Start Supreme DHA/ARA; powder; 25.7 oz. can; $27.99 per can ***no tax or shipping on http://www.1800diapers.com/
5. A + D Original Ointment, Diaper Rash and All-Purpose Skincare Formula; 1 lb.; $9.49 on http://www.drugstore.com/.
6. Purell Hand Sanitizer NXT Refill, 1000ml Item # 2156-08EA $10.95 http://www.cwimedical.com/purell-hand-sanitizer.html
7. Purell Hand Sanitizer NXT Dispenser, Item # 2120-06EA $9.99 ea. http://www.cwimedical.com/purell-hand-sanitizer.html
8. Lubrisilk, 16 oz. Item # 00166PEA $8.50 ea. http://www.cwimedical.com/lubrisilk.html
9. Baby bottles; small and large size Gerber plastic bottles preferred (solid colored bottles that come in a multi-color pack of bottles). Replacement nipples for the bottles are also needed.
Thursday, October 15
Yep...that's right...WE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST!!!!!! (just got word about an hour or so ago....)
No more stalking the mailbox or the EMAIL box...now...we shift over to stalking our cell phones!
Right now the wait for a referral is an average of four (4) months for a child ages 13 mo and older... So now....We are no longer waiting to wait. WE ARE OFFICALLY WAITING!
YES AND AMEN AND THANK YOU JESUS!