Thursday, January 22

No slam dunk here

The outcome at court yesterday was not favorable. AND was far from the slam dunk our attorney promised. The judge (for whatever reason) denied our plea in court.

Long story short- It looks as if we may have a fight on our hands. We are very disappointed, but far from defeated.

Our attorney says, "...it may take months" and "...will be costly" and (interesting enough) "...this is just ridiculous and feels like an obstruction of Justice" (more on that later)

And so....we fall forward. We are seeking additional counsel and praying for wisdom and direction, etc.

We trust that our steps are ordered in His perfect timing.... AND that at the end of this journey all of "this" will only make holding our daughter in our arms more sweet-that this "injustice" will only give more power to the meaning of her name.



"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"

James 1:2

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified beacuase of them, for the Lord your
God goes with you; he will nevere leave you nor forsake you."

Deut 31:6

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to hear you've had a road block on your way to adopting Justice! I can only pray that it will be overcome shortly as it must be heartbreaking to know she's overseas waiting to join your family. My brother and I were both adopted overseas too, so I know firsthand how much a child can thrive in a happy loving family. I'll be keeping up on your journey.

    Thank you for coming by my blog today and for becoming a follower, it means a lot to me as I love meeting new blogging friends and learning their stories too!

    ReplyDelete