Friday, September 10

Nesting and Gladney Friends


The "nesting" instinct has officially set in.  They say that "nesting" is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world...

I am here to tell you that "They" (whoever THEY are...) are 100% correct.  I am in an almost uncontrollable state all right!...AND I fully admit that I may be a little bit obsessed.

As far as the house...We had a garage sale last week (which by the way raised over $500 for our traveling costs!!!) so I cleaned out every closet and every drawer.  Now...it's about organizing and finishing all of those pesky unfinished projects. Which really does FEEL GREAT!!   I really do love "a place for everything and everything in it's place!"


We finally made our reservations at a guest house...which was a huge relief.  (one less thing!!)  I am excited to know of at least one other family that will be at the same guest house and even more excited that our kids (who are in the same Gladney house now...) will be able to hang out and play during our stay.

It's been a great comfort to chat with other Gladney Mommy's (I heart you all already!) who are going to be staying for Embassy.  (I think there are at least 5 that I know of?)  I am thinking we are going to have a blast and forge some life-long friendships in the process! Wow...what a journey!


28 days....(and counting.)

3 comments:

  1. i completely get this!!!
    i have felt myself nesting and we are just beginning the adoption process!!!!

    we too are a gladney family; i look forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for ya'll!!! I nested with all 3 of my bio kids, so I am sure I will do it before Caroline Faith comes home too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I totally get the nesting thing! It happens to me too! I was wondering if you would take a pic of our sweetie pie when you are there (if you're not too busy). My e-mail is michelelindholm@comcast.net

    :) michele

    ReplyDelete